Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yeah Yeah, Oh Yeah

I'm usually quite afraid of chicks that could literally kick my trash, but for some reason Karen O seems to have me wrapped around her finger. When I heard that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were dropping the electric guitars and picking up the electronic sythesizers, I was certain it was going to be a disaster. Call me a purist for wanting some sort of distortion and double humbuckers in punk rock. I'd been waiting for this album for what seemed like forever and had high hopes of redemption. You'll have to try it out for yourself, but I for one am a fan. Don't get me wrong, their next album better reconnect with their Flying V roots, but for now the keyboards will have to do.

P.S. I'm also starting the "Karen O could kick my trash and I'm ok with it" fan club. Anyone who would like to join please sign up. Shirts will be handed out the 1st of the month.

No comments: