Sunday, January 4, 2009

In A Mellow Mood???


Aaron intruduced Bon Iver to me a couple of weeks ago, and of course, it's been on everyone's list for top albums of the year. I must have missed it somehow. He told me he sits and just lets it play over and over while he works on the computer. I caught myself doing the same exact thing. I think the iTunes tally is up to 10 or so by now in a little under a week. The soft falsetto background vocals get me everytime. Mellow is the key word, reflective and relaxing. Nice for some background soothing. Take a bath, get a massage, really anything that doesn't involve movement and this is your music. I urge all to pick it up and listen 10 times, no 20, no 30....
Stay tuned: the top of albums of 2008 is almost ready.

Discover Bon Iver!

5 comments:

Oli said...

I really like these songs. Can we hook up sometime for a music refresher? I'm slipping into the same music from high school again! HELP!!

PS Is Bon his name? I'm not one to make fun for having a weird name, but Bon?

Matt said...

You can come over anytime. You always get a load of music once a year it seems like. We need to make it more often than that.

Matt said...

I'll tell him that a guy named 'Olafur thinks his name is gay...

Aaron said...

Bon Iver is an intentional misspelling of the French for "good winter". He took it from a story about a town in Alaska where everyone gathers at the first snow to wish each other a bon hiver (good winter). His real name is Justin Vernon. And I'm sooo gay for him right now.

Aaron said...

PS: Bon Iver's new EP Blood Bank has the greatest opening line of all time..."Well, I meet you at the blood bank, we were looking at the bags..."