Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mates Of State


Back when I was a wee lad of 17 years old a good friend Tom took me under his wing and introduced me to Mates of State for the first time, which he continued to do for years to come. I remember really liking what I heard, but when I bought the new album this past month I was expecting something different. The new stuff is much more mellow and inviting than the old. Or maybe it's just me. Either way, it's worth listening to. Has a good beat to bob your head to in the car. There are too many songs to list. Really, the whole thing is awesome. So slip it in and let me know what you think. The album is called Re-arrange us.

Discover Mates of State!

2 comments:

Tom said...

I'm afraid you're going to have to send me a copy of that entire album. It is too good not to have, from the sound of it.

Matt said...

I'll make a disc for you. I'll slap some other stuff on there also. You need some excitement in your day to day teacher tasks.