Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Almighty Gibson SG






So I went into the music store the other day with the sound proof room to find some new obsession, and that I did. As far as Gibson is concerned, I usually gravitate toward the Les Paul models and tinker around a bit. This time I decided to try my chances with something new. I picked up a red Gibson SG...And I fell in love!! I think it's always been the shape in the past that has turned me off, it's a little awkward to hold, but my oh my did it have a good sound. So I found my new love for the month, and something I've just gotta have. It might take me 30 years but mark my words everyone, mark my words. Just incase your not fully convinced of it's total awesomeness I compiled a list of some cool dudes who play an SG:
The Edge-U2
Thome York-Radiohead
Jerry Garcia-Grateful Dead
Dave Grohl-Nirvana, Foo Fighters
George Harrison-From a little band you havn't heard of
Jimi Hendrix-An ok guitar player
Carlos Santana-From down south somewhere
Angus Young-AC/DC, and should be the most SG heralded.

No comments: